Friday, July 30, 2010

Mid-Atlantic Crabcakes

These crabcakes are pretty hastle-free. I was out of Old Bay so I used a hot salt instead - gave it a pretty similar flavor...

Ingredients

2 cans fancy chunk crabmeat, well drained
2 Tablespoons mayo
2 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
2 teaspoons parsley
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay or a hot salt, more if desired
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
Dash hot sauce
Pepper to taste


Directions

Preheat oven broiler.

Mix together all ingredients well and form into patties. Place patties on lightly greased baking sheet and stick this in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to let them harden a bit if they're falling apart.

Broil for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.

Makes 4 crabcakes.

crabcakes with pesto & garlic red skin potatoes


Notes

-I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs because I was out of regular - this worked fine, tasted good.
-I also use low fat Helmann's mayo, which is pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment