Thursday, September 16, 2010

Beefy Sweet Potato Bake

*I forgot to add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the ingredient list yesterday when I posted this! That's what I get for making up dinner as I go along and not writing it down...

Man, I feel like I haven't cooked in days...


Ingredients


1lb ground beef

1-2 cloves garlic, minced

Crushed red pepper, to taste

Salt & pepper, to taste

1/2 teaspoon CINNAMON
1 large sweet potato, peeled & cubed

1/2 cup water

Cheese

1 tube Grands biscuits (4 or 8-pk)


Directions


Preheat oven to 350.


On medium heat, brown ground beef with minced garlic, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Drain and r
eturn to skillet. Add water and stir in sweet potato and cinnamon. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer about 5-10 minutes to soften sweet potatoes a little, and until water is absorbed, stirring occasionally (drain if there's any water left).

Transfer beef and sweet potato mix to casserole dish. Top with desired cheese (I used pepper jack for Justin, and cheddar-flavored rice cheese for myself). Place in oven for 5 minutes or so.

Remove from oven and top with biscuits. Bake according to package directions.


Makes about 4-6 servings.



Notes: As much as I love Grands biscuits, I would recommend using a 4-pk (if they even make that), as opposed to an 8-pk. It just makes for better portions. I like to use the reduced fat variety, too.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! You leave out the biscuits and this is something I could eat post-workout! Looks good. A lot of your cooking has the kind of look like Grandma made it. Just good, warm and yummy!

    ReplyDelete